When you start your own business, there are a lot of things that are on your list of worries. Some of them are not much of an issue and can be resolved easily with your skill set and expertise. But then there are few things that need a lot of creativity and thinking on your part, but you are not able to hit the bull’s eye! The reason mostly is a mental block that forms due to all the stress and worries that you have been burdened with while setting up your own business.
There are many online websites available that help you decide the name of your business. These name generator websites sometimes give creative output, but in many cases, the results are very commonplace. It gets difficult to find the right name but being creative and innovative is in the genes of an entrepreneur and hence finding a suitable name may not be so difficult after all. The mistakes that should be avoided have been listed below, they can help in selecting the best name for your brand!
1. Finding the appropriate name alone can result in mental blocks, but if you involve the key decision makers in your naming session, it could help a lot. Choosing the name alone, or with a lot of people is both a serious mistake.
2. Merging an adjective and a noun to make it sound innovative and creative. This may sound catchy at a glance but then it wears off and the effect of an impactful name goes amiss. For example, if you are selling a variety of food under your banner, you mix up delicious (an adjective, and food (a noun), to create DeliFood. Sometimes this train wreck technique can work but sometimes it could be a disaster.
3. Some people prefer simplicity, in that case using a very simple word as a brand name could be a mistake, because in face of competition it can get lost in the crowd!
4. Using the country/city/town of origin as a part of the name of the product will make it specific. De generalizing is the key to survive globalization. Having a name that rings true at global levels is necessary for success.
5. Using metaphors or clichéd words as brand name is also too common hence, it is highly advisable to avoid using them for your brand name.
6. You should be creative when deciding a name for your business, but letting your creativity go overboard is not going to get you a good name. You should try make sure that the name is not too vague and ambiguous that your customers can not understand it.
— WyndUp (@WyndUpMedia) 23 de febrero de 2018